I’m happy to announce the premier of a fabulous new blog series: MARCH DYSTROPIAN MADNESS!
During the month of March, Ingrid’s Notes, will be filled with brilliant insight, craft techniques, and the deep thinking of eight Dystropian guest authors. The Dystropians are my fellow writers-in-crime and classmates from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. As part of our graduation requirements, each of us had to give a graduate lecture on a writing-craft topic of our choice. This series will give you a taste of those lectures (including all the juicy craft techniques)!
Please stay tuned to hear about these great topics:
- Engaging the Heart: Poetic Tools for Writing Emotion
- The Teenage Brain: Crafting Teen Characters with Respect and Authenticity
- Brooding Boys and Loyal Lovers: The Perfect Man Archetype
- Boys and Literacy: Reverse Engineering the Writing Process
- You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You: Feminism and the Young Adult Romance
- Writing the Witch and Subverting Stereotypes in Children’s Literature
- 3-Act Structure: A Pair of Spanx for Your Novel
- Creating Emotion Within Dialog
It’s going to be a fun month!